7 Tips and Tricks to Keep Your Vehicle Cool This Summer
1. Drape towels on driver’s seat and steering wheel to keep them cool. Don’t have a towel handy? Prevent burning your hands with this trick: Turn the wheel 180 degrees before getting out of the car. That way, the side you touch is safely in the shade while you're out.
2. Park with the front of your vehicle facing away from the sun to keep your seat in the shade.
3. Have your cabin air filter changed. You’ll need it for the coming pollen season.
4. A dashboard sunshade that goes in the windshield will protect the dashboard against ultraviolet rays and help the cabin stay a little cooler. It can also prevent fading.
5. Keep windshield clean. The haze of the lowering sun will diffuse through the grime and make it very difficult to see.
6. Keep your vehicle’s exterior clean to protect the paint from sun, bugs, and birds.
7. Cool down more quickly by driving with the windows rolled down and the air cranked up, which forces out the hot air and allows the cool air to circulate. In a few minutes, when the air inside the car should be about the same temperature as the air outside, you’re ready to roll up the windows.
Written on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 by